PHP Developer Role
Please note that the role is based in the company offices in Crewe and the suitable candidate
will work from these premises on a full time permanent basis. Freelancers will not be considered.
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
We are looking for an enthusiastic PHP developer to join our existing development team to work on
new websites and maintain a range of existing sites for our various clients.
Working with defined guidelines where appropriate, you will deliver secure, robust and fit for
purpose websites, whilst ensuring excellent customer service is provided.
- Maintenance of client websites and databases
Building websites and databases to meet clients’ needs, working closely with client managers,
marketing and design colleagues to understand the requirements and deliver what is required
To work with colleagues in the development of plans, providing appropriate ideas and
suggestions where possible
Planning and delivering the development elements of major/key projects for clients,
factoring key requirements such as security, data uploads, and testing capability etc.
Planning and organising own work, following the marketing brief and approved designs to
ensure requirements are met, within defined deadlines
- To maintain and update existing client websites
- All site builds to follow specific coding template as specified by our senior development team
- Review and test outputs
- Proactively look for improvements and efficiencies in processes and procedures.
Essential experience required:
- Development of a range of websites for both B2B and B2C
- Mapping client requirements and producing technical documentation
- Ability to plan and manage own work to meet deadlines
- Working with CMS
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Working with marketing and designer professionals to ensure client requirements are effectively managed and delivered
- Experience in testing to ensure quality and compliance with security requirements including XDebug, PHPUnit and Mantis
- Operating Systems: Linux and Windows
- Applications: Apache, MySQL, Subversion, Git.
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience of the Employee Benefits industry
- Experience of mobile platform development
- Team management experience.
You must be:
- An Excellent communicator
- Analytical with a good eye for detail
- Strong planner, well organised and highly efficient
- A great team player
- Able to work alone on individual projects
- Highly motivated
- Passionate in keeping up to date with new technologies.
Salary GBP 24000 - 28000 Annual salary
Career level required Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience required See above
Education required Undergraduate degree
Job type Permanent
Job status Full Time
To apply: Email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com